Armand F. Ayazi
Armand F. Ayazi
Armand Ayazi focuses on high-stakes litigation and International Trade Commission matters relating to patents and other intellectual property. He also works on global data protection, privacy and anti-corruption matters. Mr. Ayazi often works across borders relating to Asia. He represents iconic Asian companies in relation to their litigation in the Americas, and represents Fortune 500 companies in relation to litigation in the U.S. and Asia.
Mr. Ayazi’s subject matter expertise includes a wide spectrum of technologies, including electronics, portable devices, digital signal processing and transmission, advanced robotics and automation platforms, laser scanners, baggage scanners, ATV’s, personal watercraft, motor boats, snowmobiles, motorcycles, airbag initiators, reformulated gasoline, retroreflective sheeting, human growth hormones, monoclonal and chimeric antibodies, recombinant DNA technology, biomechanical devices, and mechanical devices.
Mr. Ayazi’s extreme fluency in hard sciences enables articulation of persuasive and easily-understood case themes involving complex technology as well as creative, case-dispositive solutions to high-stakes IP litigation.
Prior to joining Zuber Lawler & Del Duca, Mr. Ayazi managed high-stakes IP litigation in-house at Yamaha Motors, and prior to that practiced IP litigation at Jones Day.
Mr. Ayazi has served as an Adjunct Professor at Loyola Law School, teaching an advanced patent litigation seminar covering all phases of patent litigation procedure and tactics, as well as antitrust aspects of patent enforcement. Mr. Ayazi clerked for the Honorable William D. Keller in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
- Represented a privately-held medical device company in a jury trial victory in a patent litigation against a multinational medical device manufacture, obtaining a defense verdict of invalidity and non-infringement.
- Represented a major agricultural seed producer in a jury trial victory in a patent litigation against a multinational agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation, obtaining a defense verdict of invalidity and non-infringement.
- Represented an iconic international recreational vehicle manufacturer in its defense of patent infringement lawsuits over the last decade, resulting in outright victories or highly favorable settlement outcomes for the client.
- Represented an industry leading clinical diagnostics company in a jury trial victory in patent litigation against the governing board of a prestigious public university system, obtaining a defense verdict of invalidity and non-infringement.
- Represented a publicly traded baggage scanner company in a patent litigation defense, obtaining a summary judgment of non-infringement.
- Represented an international solutions provider for precision engineered energetic devices in a summary judgment for patent invalidity victory against a nationally recognized full service engineering and hydrodynamic modeling company, obtaining exceptional case attorney’s fees award.
- Represented oil refineries in developing powerful novel defense invalidity strategies in a major patent infringement suit brought by an international energy company, resulting in settlement favoring clients.
- Represented an international manufacturer of consumer electronics company in an ITC trial victory against a multinational manufacturer of connectivity solutions.
- Co-author, Federally Funded Inventions & the Bayh-Dole Act, IP & TECH LAW JOURNAL (2006).
- Co-author, Markman Practice, Procedure and Tactics, PATENT LITIGATION 2000, Practicing Law Institute (2000).
Loyola Law School
J.D., 1992, summa cum laude
Honors: #1 Graduate in History of School; Order of the Coif
Ph.D. Studies (1987-88)
M.S., 1987, highest honors
Major: Mechanical Engineering
B.S., 1982, summa cum laude
Major: Engineering & Applied Mathematics
U.S Court of Appeals – 9th Circuit
U.S Court of Appeals – Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court – Central District of CA
U.S. District Court – Northern District of CA
U.S. District Court – Southern District of CA
U.S. District Court – Northern District of IL