Brian J. Beck
Brian J. Beck
Brian Beck focuses on intellectual property and commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Zuber Lawler, Mr. Beck practiced at Holland & Knight.
- Represented Chicago financial services and expert services firm at trial against former partner and managing director in complex litigation involving claims for breach of royalty agreement, breach of operating agreement, tortious interference with prospective business advantage, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Defended generic pharmaceutical company against allegations by major US pharmaceutical company of breach of confidentiality agreement and trade secret misappropriation concerning extended release liquid suspension formulations, defeating plaintiff’s motion for preliminary injunction, obtaining summary judgment for client, and successfully defending appeal.
- Defended major Indian generic pharmaceutical company and US subsidiary against allegations by major US generic pharmaceutical company of breach of non-compete agreement and trade secret misappropriation concerning transdermal patches.
- Defended major Midwestern US grocery chain against allegations of infringement of patent on electronic coupons, obtaining favorable settlement.
- Represented software patent owner at Federal Circuit in appeal of summary judgment of invalidity based on unpatentable subject matter and indefiniteness.
- Represented owner of patent on virtual reality camera rig technology in infringement lawsuits against major California and Chinese photography companies.
- Represented owner of Internet of Things (“IoT”) patents in infringement lawsuit against Fortune 50 logistics company.
- Represented, pro bono, multiple parents wrongly indicated for child neglect by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services; obtained ruling striking down Illinois DCFS regulation with overbroad definition of “inadequate supervision.” Received the Family Defense Center’s Outstanding Individual Pro Bono Service Award in 2016 for these representations.
New York University School of Law
Major: Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- New York
- U.S. Patent