Eileen Letts is a premier civil trial attorney, with dozens of jury trials and over 100 bench trials, often to Fortune 500 companies and iconic government entities. Ms. Letts has won high-stakes trials in a wide variety of subject matters areas. Areas of focus include product liability, complex tort, insurance coverage and commercial disputes. She has achieved favorable outcomes in over 88% of her trials.
Ms. Letts is a frequent presenter at continuing legal education seminars and panel discussions of the American Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, and the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
Ms. Letts possesses deep roots in the Chicago political community. As an example, she served on the transition team of Chicago Mayor-Elect Harold Washington.
Ms. Letts began her career clerking for the Honorable Glenn T. Johnson, Justice of the Illinois Appellate Court from 1978 to 1980.
Honors & Achievements
- John Paul Stevens Award, Chicago Bar Association and Chicago Bar Foundation, 2016
- Earl B. Dickerson Award, Chicago Bar Association, 2008
- Pro Bono Initiative Award, Public Interest Law Initiative, 2008
- Selectee, Who’s Who in Black Chicago, inaugural edition, 2006
- Distinguished Service Award, Chicago Bar Association, 2005
- Distinguished Service Award, Chicago Bar Foundation, 2001, 2002, 2003