James “Jim” Ickes focuses on civil litigation, most often in relation to financial and commercial litigation, as well as family law litigation. He has over 21 years of experience in litigation, including experience in all phases of litigation, from pre-complaint strategy through trial and appeal. He often works in highly regulated industries.
Mr. Ickes has a particularly deep interest in emerging industries and technologies, including legalized cannabis and blockchain.
Mr. Ickes is a HCISPP (Healthcare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner) and builds HIPAA compliance programs for his clients in the healthcare and medical cannabis industries. Mr. Ickes’ comprehensive understanding of the intricacies of these sectors enables him to provide clients with invaluable guidance on maintaining privacy and security standards in ever-evolving legal and regulatory landscapes.
Honors and Professional Affiliations
- Former President, Portage County Bar Association, 2010-2011.
- Former Adjunct Professor, Hiram College where he taught business law in 2009, 2010, and 2012.
- Recipient, Community Legal Aid’s Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award, 2007.
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association.
- Member, Akron Bar Association.