Jennifer Kuhn, CIPP/US, CIPM, focuses on intellectual property litigation and deals, data protection and privacy matters. As to intellectual property, she focuses most often on patent litigation, but also has experience with trademark, copyright, and trade secret litigation, as well as a wide variety of corporate and intellectual property transactions. Ms. Kuhn is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) and Certified Information Privacy Management (CIPM). She has a particular interest in emerging areas of industry and technology, including Blockchain, esports, quantum computing, and AI.
Prior to joining Zuber Lawler, Ms. Kuhn practiced at AmLaw 100 firms in Washington, D.C., Silicon Valley, and Austin, before becoming Vice President and Chief IP Counsel at Mattersight Corporation (NASDAQ MATR), where she managed the company’s IP litigation and deals, as well as its patent portfolio. Mattersight was named one of the “Top 5 IP Innovators” by Crain’s Chicago Business, and Ms. Kuhn is a named inventor on four Mattersight patents: U.S. Patent Nos. 9,300,801, 9,538,008, 9,942,590 and 10,276,153.
Ms. Kuhn started her career as a judicial clerk first to the Honorable Judge Andewalt of the United States Court of Federal Claims; and then to the Honorable Judge Gajarsa of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Ms. Kuhn’s amicus briefs have been cited by the Federal Circuit (Lightning Ballast) and followed by the U.S. Supreme Court (Bilski).
Ms. Kuhn coached the IP Moot Court team at the University of Texas School of Law to four National Championships!
- Author, Symbol Technologies: The (re)Birth of Prosecution Laches
Honors and Awards
- Past-President and member of the Board of Directors of the Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, the Honorable Judge Albright’s (Western District of Texas) Patent Rules Working Group
- Membership Committee Chair, Texas State Bar IP Section
- Founded Austin IPLA Amicus Committee
- Presented on numerous patent litigation topics at University of Texas, University of Houston, Austin IPLA and Houston IPLA CLEs