Josh Lawler’s practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions, securities law and technology transactions. Mr. Lawler’s M&A clients include private equity groups, public and private companies, fundless sponsors, family offices and sellers of large assets. Many of Mr. Lawler’s clients are domiciled outside of the United States and require expertise in execution of international transactions.
Mr. Lawler also leads the Firm’s New Technology Group with a particular emphasis on Blockchain (distributed ledger), artificial intelligence, robotics, biotechnology, nanotechnology, virtual/augmented reality, internet of things, cybersecurity, and related technologies. In this capacity, Mr. Lawler counsels clients in respect securities and regulatory matters, including in respect of ICO/TGE projects; as well as development, licensing, commercial use, acquisition and disposition of all manner of intellectual property.
Mr. Lawler is a dedicated futurist and brings enthusiasm and excitement to cutting edge projects. In addition to legal counsel, Mr. Lawler provides clients with extreme problem solving skills and practical business advice. Many of Mr. Lawler’s clients rely on him as outside general counsel. Prior to joining Zuber Lawler & Del Duca LLP, Mr. Lawler practiced as a corporate securities and M&A attorney at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
- $30 million acquisition of a bi-coastal warehouse company;
- $130 million acquisition by a U.S. company of a European Union company;
- $50 million disposition of entertainment park assets;
- $110 million high yield note transaction to finance the expansion of one of the world’s most famous hotels;
- $100 million initial public offering for a technology company; and
- Sale of a popular media website to a major aggregator of content.
Representative Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, Crypto and Blockchain – Threat or Opportunity for Financial Services?, Blockchain Expo Global (April 26, 2019)
- Panelist, Governance and Regulation in Blockchain Business Networks, Blockchain Expo Global (April 25, 2019)
- Panelist, Best Practices in M&A and Post-Merger Integration, Expert Webcast (December 6, 2018)
- Panelist, Crypto-securities & Regulation, Blockchain North America Expo (November 29, 2018)
- Panelist, Demystifying Cryptocurrency and Blockchain for the Federal Equity Receiver, NAFER Annual Conference (October 19, 2018)
- Moderator, Blockchain and Entertainment, Hollywood Entertainment Technology Festival (October 13, 2018)
- Guest Speaker, Business Rockstars, CBS Radio/KFWB Talk News 980 (August 6, 2012)
- Presenter, The Legal Underpinnings of Paradigm Shift in Content Delivery, USC Marshall School of Business (April 18, 2012)
- Your ICO/TGE is subject to the US Securities laws; now what?
Northwestern University School of Law
J.D., 1995, cum laude
Honors: Graduated in Top 10% of Class
B.S., B.A., 1992
Majors: Bio-Psychology, History
Concentration in Genetics
Study Abroad, 1990
U.S. District Court – Central District of CA